Monday, December 1, 2008

Largey Christmas Letter


My favorite talk of General Conference this past October was given by President Thomas S. Monson called Finding Joy in the Journey and a part I loved was...
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.
Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know."


I'm smack in the middle of that child-raising time period and I'm trying the best I can to enjoy it while it lasts, although I don't think I'll ever miss the piles of laundry!


My children are growing too fast, as usual. Our newest baby- James Harrison Largey- was born in October. We are all in love with sweet baby James! We had forgotten how much fun it is to have a baby in the house. Grant is no longer our littlest Largey and at 5 years old he thinks he's his own boss. He loves to do gymnastics and we suspect he's part monkey. Grant is the biggest giggler in our family and is currently obsessed with Star Wars. Carter, our 7 year old, tried soccer for the first time this fall and he loved it. Since he runs everywhere he goes naturally, it was an easy transition to run towards a ball during soccer. He's working hard at school and soaks up new information like a sponge. Plus he occasionally leaks out a new thing he's learned spontaneously during the day. Madison is becoming quite the pianist and we're all enjoying the Christmas carols she's been playing this month. She's like a second mom to James and I am enjoying the help she gives me immensely. She will be 11 next month and I'm trying to get her to enjoy her last year of Primary instead of wishing she was already in the young women's program at church.

Jeremy and I are busy with our jobs (Engineer and Mom) and our callings (Young Men's Prez and Miamaid Teacher), but we're trying to find joy in the journey and appreciate each moment as it comes.

Love to you ALL and wishes of merriment this Christmas,
Jeremy, Shauna, Madison, Carter, Grant, and James Largey

No comments: