Sunday, November 15, 2009

UP
















We had a Wednesday off this week (thanks to our Veterans') and we decided to have an "UP" day. We went to a free showing of the movie UP. My expectations for that movie were pretty low (they just are for kids movies), but I have to admit the movie entertained me. The dog was my favorite character. Thanks to him I keep thinking "Squirrel " in my head.
We also went climbing at Vertical World. Jeremy is certified to belay climbers so our kids took turns scaling to new heights, as he kept them secure below. I'm pretty sure the monkey tendencies our kids have inherited are from Jeremy, as I have absolutely no desire to be off the ground unless I'm on a plane to a beautiful destination. They climbed around for about 2 and a half hours, until James and I needed to be done there. If we hadn't been there, needing to leave, I think my kids would still be climbing there.
Nobody would play UPWORDS with me that day. I am known to cream people at word games so I understand, sniff, sniff. We read some scriptures to uplift us spiritually instead.
Nobody complained about feeling achy from all the extra exertion until the next day. If it was Saturday they could have had a "down" day. But it was Thursday.

No comments: