On Christmas eve our family reads about the Savior's birth in the scriptures. Sometimes we just listen, sometimes we try to act it out, but mostly we just try to feel the spirit and focus our family on the birth of Christ. We also open one present a piece, which is always jammies. The boys always groan about this and ask why they can't open something "good" instead of jammies. I also hide a pickle ornament somewhere amongst our tree after the kids have gone to bed. Whoever finds the pickle in the tree the next morning gets a special present (usually something to share). This years pickle present was a large bag of Lindt truffles. Chocolate is never a bad gift. I hope our kids want to continue some of our family traditions when they have families of their own in the future.
1 comment:
I love TRADITIONS. Madison shared with the primary about her finding the pickle and the yummy truffles. Love the jammies. You are all so cute.
Post a Comment