Monday, February 14, 2011

Loving the Candy




Will my kids always be more concerned about the candy they get on Valentines day more than anything else- maybe not, but it's sweet while it lasts. Carter does have a temporary girlfriend (Gabby) at school, though I told him that eventually she'd break up with him- because that's how 3rd graders are. Then I warned him that she'd probably want to be girlfriend once more shortly after the "break-up". I then explained to Carter that when this happened he could save himself some heartache by telling Gabby that his mom said he couldn't have a girlfriend untill he's sixteen. The things I fortold did happen and Carter wonders how I knew they would. He thinks I might have the power to see the future. A good Mom might have said no to that, but I told him it was possible- just to keep him guessing about other things I might "know".

No comments: